FIDES aims to contribute with reliable sustainable solutions to the key issue of facilitating economic development by creating access to financial services for micro entrepreneurs who are excluded from the formal banking system.
WHAT WE OFFER:LONG-TERM CAREER OPPORTUNITIES: All staff members of FIDES have an unlimited contract that is not linked to any specific project. Staff turnover is low, which is a precondition for the investment in further staff qualification. FIDES offers a highly professional and at the same time family like team environment.
COMPETITIVE REMUNERATION: Although earnings are decent, the high potential people needed for this challenging task of social entrepreneurship usually could find higher paid jobs on the market. Their opportunity costs are compensated by non-monetary pay-offs like:
- making a significant contribution to development
- the possibility to live in and learn from different cultures and contexts
- working in a highly dynamic environment and team
- working in an independent, entrepreneurial way as described above
- working for both partners/spouses is feasible as well
- Monetary pay-offs include participation in the results of the activity and social security benefits.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:MOTIVATION: High intrinsic motivation to make a difference in development against all odds: show that development can be achieved and accelerated through social entrepreneurship by removing a critical deadlock: access to finance for the poor.
QUALIFICATION: Intellectual curiosity and open-mindedness: appreciate working in different geographical, cultural, etc. contexts and thus appreciate lifelong learning and adapting - this job will never become routine.
- Geographical flexibility: seeing the advantages and challenges of mobility
- Accept less comfortable contexts from time to time
- Work like an entrepreneur: independent, responsible, solution-oriented, creative, innovative, flexible
- High work ethic, quality standards and professionalism
- Ready to invest: accept good but compared to high competency relatively low fixed salaries, but earn bonus and career possibilities in a growing business
- Appreciate working in a highly dynamic and competent team: learn quickly from top professionals, learn by doing through high responsibilities right from the beginning.